Job Description: The patrol leader is the elected leader of his patrol. He represents his patrol on the patrol leader's council.
Reports to: Senior Patrol Leader. If you're the Patrol Leader for the new Scout patrol, you'll also work with the troop guide who is assigned to your patrol.
Patrol Leader duties:
- Appoints the assistant patrol leader.
- Represents the patrol on the patrol leaders' council.
- Plans and steers patrol meetings.
- Helps Scouts advance
- Acts as the chief recruiter of new Scouts.
- Keeps patrol members informed.
- Knows what his patrol members and other leaders can do.
- Sets a good example
- Wears the Scout uniform correctly
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law
- Shows Scout spirit.
Assistant Patrol Leader
Job Description: The assistant patrol leader is appointed by the patrol and leads the patrol in his absence.
Reports to: Patrol leader.
Assistant Patrol Leader duties:
- Helps the patrol leader plan and steer patrol meetings and activities.
- Helps him keep patrol members informed.
- Helps the patrol get ready for all troop activities.
- Represents his patrol at patrol leaders' council meetings when the patrol leader cannot attend.